You’ve come up with a great idea for a software that can prove to be very beneficial to your business, but now what? What steps do you take to turn this idea into reality? What kind of information do software development companies look for? These are all very common concerns. The first step is mapping out a scope and putting it on paper. We have complied a list of questions that will further help you develop your idea and put you at a great start with your software development company.
First they’ll want to know a little bit of background about your business and get to the root for the need of this software.
- What is your business about?
- What are some of the challenges you are looking to address with this software?
- What are some goals you want to achieve with this software?
Then they’ll want to get a little more into the processes and functionality of the software.
- What will be the main functions? (It is extremely helpful to already have an idea of any specific workflows and use cases.)
- Who will use this software? How many different types of user roles will there be?
- Will there be any permission or data restrictions based on roles? For example maybe only an admin will have access to all data, but another role will have limited access.
- Please describe how each user role will use the system.
And yes, sometimes they will have to get a bit technical.
- Do you have a preferred programming language?
- Would you like traditional hosting service or cloud hosting service?
- Do you have a preference for hosting provider?
- How many users do you expect?
- Will the software deal with any confidential information?
Some of these questions can be intimidating. Don’t stress if you do not have the answer to all of them. It is definitely nice to have, but the right software company will work with you every step of the way to fill in the gaps. Take a peek at our complimentary consultation package and see how SunNet Solutions can help you turn your idea into reality!
What would you like SunNet Solutions to build for your business?
Submit a request at the left hand side of this page to get started today.
Contact us if you have any questions.